To my future valentine,


I have no clue who you are but I am writing this before we meet because I want you to know what I felt about our relationship before you came along. 

You know, everything out here is so exquisite and full of love. But, I am here sleeping on my couch wrapped in a blanket with a packet of chips and messy bun, wearing sweat pants and oversized hoodie and lost in your thoughts with every sip of this hot coffee. 

Maybe, you are doing the same and wondering, “when the hell we will run into each other!?” or maybe, you recently went through a heartbreak and planning to never fall in love again or may be you are planning for a movie date with your girlfriend or maybe, tiny hope of maybe! that you are reading this letter right now. 
I also have no clue about your plan on valentine this year. But, after we unite, we will celebrate every day like its a valentines’ day. 

We wont need a specific day to splash our love as we will shower each other with allegiance, love and care in every moment we spend together. 
I will hold you by the fireplace during winter and you will keep me warm on the cold nights. We will unfold all that crazy side of us and still fall harder. I will kiss you everytime you feel down and listen to you when you talk your heart loud. 

We will get drunk together and end up dancing, in the terrace, to our favorite beat. And I will write poetry about you while watching you fall asleep, and ink you on the pages of my diary. 

I will kiss you softly while you moan "I love you" and gently tuck me in. My face will feel that warmth as you will creep closer and wrap your arms around me. That soft nimble hands will caress my face and that will set everything into place. 

I will make you the happiest guy in this world. I will love you so deep and profound that you wont believe, someone like me exists. I will make you believe in promises and eternity. I will tuck you in my arms when bad memories threaten to pull you under again. 

I will be acquainted on how losing feels like before I find you. I will love every part of you. The good parts along with the bad. I will love the parts that weigh on your shoulder, the parts that only I will notice when I steal glance at you in the silence.

Sometimes, I want to scream "How many wrong guys before I bump into the right?", As you know, I already got stuck into wrong guys who claimed to be you. But, I know you are incomparable with them. They made me a mess but you will mend my soul again. You will hold that broken me and will stick all those pieces back into places. 

I am waiting since long but it's okay. Take your time. I am lingering around for you. I know you will come at the right time. When I will be ready to get chunked by love and only love. It's just that you are taking too long and my patience with you is just as much as my phone battery- 3%. 

So when you will finally arrive, I promise I will be mad and enraged at you for being so late. But then, promise me that you will hug me and squeeze me inside your jacket and never let me drive away. 
Clearly, I am not my best and transcendent yet. But be patient with me. Know that I am working my way towards you. 

I need to be fully content and ecstatic with myself before you come. And when we finally come together, we will bring each other joy and happiness, leaving behind all those vinegary memories. 

I don’t know if you went through any heartbreaks or not but trust me, if you had then I will heal them with sweetness of my aromatic love. 
Even if you are cold to the core, I will wake you like the spring wakes a flower and watch you grow, watch you bloom. You wont have to worry if you had bad relationship experience, if you are a broken mess or if you have a low self esteem because you wont have to go through any of that with me. 

I will love you with all your flaws and insecurities. I will accept you just the way you are. I will treat your heart as if it were my own. I wont do anything to crush it. I wont ever make you doubt my loyalty or devotion for you. 
There wont be any endings or expiry date on our story. 

We will share a different relationship like any other usual couple. I wont control you or cease you from doing the things you want to do in life. As, I want to be component of your life. 

I don’t want you to be so much into me that you forget about everything else that makes your life; like, family, friends, dreams, jobs, hobbies and success. I won’t allow you to make me your “all”. 

I want to be in every steps of your life but as a supporter and not as a blockade. I want you to make endless memories with your friends and families. I want you to chase your dreams.  I want to be your best friend before a lover. 

I want to accompany you in your life but not consume every bit of it. I want us to be our own persons, who share a life together. I want you to look back in your life and be happy about what you have done. I will give you your space when you need it. I will love you like the sky loves the birds, with open hands and infinite freedom.

Baby, I can’t wait to know everything about you once you do arrive. I can’t wait for you to tell me about your childhood. I cant wait for you to tell me about everything before I existed in your life. 

I can’t wait to meet your family and love them like my own. I cant wait to build relationship with your close friends. I cant wait for you guys to share your crazy stories or funniest times you guys have had together.

I often think about you. I don’t know what kind of person you are. I don’t know if you like soft slow music or loud metal songs. I don’t know if you also read books and love the smell of sand after it rains or you are practical and not a dreamer. But, when I imagine of you, I imagine of a guy who got same taste of music and books like I do. 

Who watch friends and game of thrones and many other series that I am obsessed with. Who take ross’s side on “they were on a break” and then laughs while watching big bang theory. Who wakes up at midnight to watch football with me and complains on how you can play better than the team who loose. 

Someone who is calm and composed but also crazy at the same time. who will handle that child inside me. Who wont spare a single second without admiring me. Who wont mind my late night cravings for ice-cream and will still offer me his sweater to wipe my tears and rub my nose after I cry while watching emotional movies. 

Someone, Who got that spark on his eyes that will pull me like a magnet. Who will look into all my flaws and find the person inside me, the real me and will still find me imperfectly perfect. I don’t know what your face looks like but when I think of you, I imagine of someone who got this alluring heart inside. So, this is how I picture you in my thoughts. 

I know we will have many bumps on our way, but we will face it together and find our ways through all that hard times. I know we all are flawed but I will still love you with all my heart and create that aura of love around.

 If your heart is a flower waiting to bloom, my love will be the sunshine you will need. I will draw you close, soothe you until the cage around your heart snaps.

I am the softness you will seek and you will be the cradle for my head and heart. You will feel all that love you craved for. I will aspire you to new heights and will always catch before you fall and then set you back on the road to success and happiness. 

Baby, you should know that I have never been very good at talking. So if I ever hold your hand and say I love you, just realize that I am whirling all my emotions through my eyes.

So until you walk into my life, I will be working on myself. I will be working on making my life better. I will be saving all those lovey dovey videos to tag you soon. But at the same time, I cant wait for you to experience the best version of me. I hope you are ready for endless laughs and funs. 

And when we are 70, We will still be young hearts in love with skin sagging on our cheeks. Going for movies, playing Fifa and behaving the same crazy lovers who are madly in love. I promise you a lifetime of happiness without fears of endings. 

Yours, 
hopeless romantic future valentine that you haven’t met yet. 
  • - Aashima 



(I wrote my heart out here. Someday, I will definitely make him read this letter. And wish you happy valentines’ day in advance. I hope you all find your love this year and those who already have, I wish them lifelong happiness and togetherness. And also, please give your reviews on my writing. Thank you for reading.) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The unsent letter :)

Self Love ♥️

Eternal love