☘️ The inspiring little girl☘️

☘️ The inspiring little girl☘️
(Based on my posting in oncology ward)

It was my first day in oncology ward. I had mixed feelings of curiosity and sadness. Most reporting of people with cancer refers to their 'fight' with cancer. We often read or hear how someone has ‘won their fight against cancer’ or they have ‘lost a long battle with cancer’. I was going to meet cancer patient, who were fighting their battle for life! Who were facing worst kind of pain, The kind of pain that anybody could ever imagine and who were going through worst physical condition, alopecia, chemotherapy, weakness and many more!

As I walked into oncology ward, among all those cancer patient, my eyes met a 10 yrs old girl who was connected with IV line of toxic chemo drugs running through her veins and she was watching something on her phone. I grabbed her file and walked towards her.

 She was under her 5th chemo cycle. She looked at me and flashed her sweetest smile. That smile literally melted me. She was resting her head on the pillow, holding her phone. She had fair skin, big brown eyes, She had no hair due to chemotherapy, Her face looked pale and tired, She had bluish bruises all over her hand but she was still the most cheerful girl in that entire ward.

I asked, "What is your name?" She replied, "Angel". She indeed looked no less than a real angel. After that I take a look over her phone and asked, "what are you watching, angel?" she replied "I am watching my favorite movie" Her mother added "Its the 13th time she is watching this movie, she never get tired of this" I smiled in response. She exclaimed, "I love this scene where hero fights with villains and save everyone" We all laughed. She was so much into her movie as it was the "climax scene" and her favorite part. I was curious about her diagnosis So I turned her file to look over, She was diagnosed as leukemia. Leukemia!!

A 10yrs old girl who just started her life is already at the edge of her life. Thousand of thought rambled over my head and I started cursing god for being so cruel. I turned pages of her whole medical history. I couldn't imagine of the intensity of pain she went through in that past months. Nobody could ever assume of what she was going through by looking at her face. I couldn't admire her less. I again looked her face and observed every detail expression she had at that moment. There was not a single fear or sadness on her face. Her movie ended and then we started talking.

I was curious if she was aware of her disease condition,  I was curious if she knew what she was going through so I had a little talk with her about her favorite movie, favorite actor, favorite color, her aims and if she liked hospital or not and in the middle of all these things I collected this courage to ask her about her condition, I looked at her face with a smile and asked, "what are you here for?" I frowned and waited for her answer.

and then she replied, "I have blood cancer and I am here for my chemotherapy". She still had that smile on her face. That graceful smile with those uneven teeth and bald head took my heart away. "Its been few months and my mother says, I look beautiful with no hair and this medicine will recover me soon and I will be able to join my school again, soon. I miss my friends but I feel good to visit here too. I made so many good friends here."

Her mother added, "It is her second home, She always feel happy to come here and every doctor, nurse and even patient are fond of her" It was true, She had this cute little face with so much of positivity, kindness and love. I was not sure of how I should react. I was so much motivated and pumped up with that positivity of hers.  I had this amazing conversation with an inspiring little girl that day.

After a while, I made paper boat for her and paper butterfly. She was so happy. I spend that day on that ward with positivity.

At the end my duty hour, I told her that I had to leave. She asked me, "So, when will you come back then?"

I replied, "We will meet on your next hospital visit for sure" I promised her, well actually I "pinky promised" her to meet again. She waved me goodbye at the end of my duty hour as I went by. I wanted to stay long but I had to leave.

After I came home back, I downloaded some movies of her favorite actor as She was fond of them and then copied those movies which I was going to gift her. I already imagined how happy she would get after getting them But I had to wait to see that reaction of hers as she only came there for her chemo and as per schedule, her next chemo was after some weeks. I waited..

Days after days, weeks after weeks and even months after months passed by but she never came back. My posting on that hospital ended but I was curious about her.

I revisited the ward on my off day and then collected her information from the ward. I tried to contact her and then I came to know that she couldn't fight her battle for life and she died couple of weeks ago. Her cheerful face flashed on my eyes. I couldn't help myself from being emotional. In the bittersweet memories, An angel found her wings, and had set off a flight, safe into arms of god!

She came like an angel who inspired me and went away. I still remember that last goodbye wave of hers. Those beautiful big brown eyes which were filled with dreams, hopes and wishes. I remembered how she told me of saving lives after becoming doctor in future. I remembered how she shared movie story of a hero saving life from villains. But, I felt helpless as I couldn't be her hero. I couldn't keep that pinky promise I gave her that day. I couldn't meet her for one last time again. I couldn't see her expression while she grabbed that movie CD that I was going to gift her.

She couldn't even see the world around her properly and was already in graveyard. I remembered her brave face through all the pain.

That day I realized, how uncertain life is. We get this life once and we don't even know when its gonna be our last day but still why some people are greedy? selfish? hurting feelings? being rude and spreading negativity? why to ruin this life with hate? fear? crimes? Why to hurt others and make others life miserable? Why to spread negativity and wrong beliefs? Why don't we spend this life with positivity? why?

We should live every day like its our last day, don't wait for tomorrow. Don't take chances. Spread love and bless yourself with positivity.
Be humble and kind to everyone you meet, It don't harm us but instead, it spreads happiness. The same happiness that I found while talking with that little girl.

She got this small feet and small palm but big heart of purity, humble and kindness. That cancer took her physically but couldnt invade her soul. Be a kind of person, that people will remember with a cheerful smile.
Do something, That everyone will remember you as a inspiration, as a idol, even when you will be gone.. gone forever! 😊

Ps: I miss her a lot. My first patient of cancer ward. May her soul rest in peace ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The unsent letter :)

Self Love ♥️

Eternal love