I am ugly!!

Yes, I am ugly, 
And I am happy with it. 

You told me how ugly those scars on my wrist are that they didn’t look fine, 
But you never knew the story behind them when I couldn’t shine. 
You scratched them to erase and made me look pretty, 
But you never embraced them but instead made me feel shitty. 

You told me how ugly big thighs I have and teased me for that, 
But you never unfolded those days when I was crying and chocolates were all I had. 
You pointed those stretch marks on my waist and complained about them, 
But you never held me tight to fix those gaps but instead made me feel lame. 

You told me how ugly those pimples and blackheads looked on my face, 
But you never kissed my forehead and called me beautiful in that phase. 
You bought me extra make up products so you could introduce me with your friends, 
But you never made me feel good on my skin and instead followed those beauty trends.

Yes, I am ugly, 
And I am happy with it. 

You always said I was never good enough for you to be around, 
But at the end, our skin get slaggy and get buried under the ground.
I hope you find the most beautiful looking girl in your life, 
But I wonder if her beauty would be enough to not cut your heart with a knife.

If this is how you describe beauty, Having pretty face and tiny waist, 
Then I am proud to call myself ugly and loose this beauty contest. 
I am happy with my body, skin and whatever I am inside out, 
I don’t need a man to point finger on my beauty and always doubt. 

You are nobody to judge me and disgrace my beauty, 
I am strong and independent women that you don’t need to feel pity. 
I wont mind you calling me ugly and make me feel lost, 
As beauty lies in eye of beholder and I know how bad vision you got. 

Yes, I am ugly, 
And I am happy with it.

-Aashima ✍️


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The unsent letter :)

Self Love ♥️

Growing old with you ♥️